Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sicky

Congestion, lightheadedness, slight fever, fatigue, phlegmy cough, and runny nose. Lovely depiction, right? (Aside from allergies, I haven't been down and out like this in about a year! Yay, immune system!) Haven't left my room today and here it is after noon! Walking to the bathroom five meters away is a chore, as I have to creep along with the support of the wall to hold me up. 


So I'm in bed. Telling myself it's best to rest, take it easy, and let my bod recuperate and not get worse (I write this as I continue trying to convince myself that this is what I truly should be doing right now). And thus the reason why I'm doing all of this updating of the blog and uploading photos to Facebook and such today. Hopefully it's coherent! (Obviously, I'm not all that bad off if I'm able to update my blog, right?)

Don't worry; I'm being taken care of. Dinorah brought me some of her famous lime and honey tea. (She's our CRC surrogate mommy; sometimes we joke Lindy's our daddy because he's the man who grants us money when we need it. The Scotts fill our parental void nicely.) I've downed probably far too many vitamin supplements and kept fluids running through me so that every time I have to get up to go to the toilet I lament every drop I've swallowed. You can't say I'm dehydrated!
Dinorah brought me her famous lime and honey tea.
Aaaaand I have my computer to keep me company with all of these social networking conveniences (as well as access to other entertainment media such as Glee! and Modern Family) in the dungeon of my room to keep me occupied when I'm not sleeping. I know that having a down day to rest is best. (As Kari and my mother are quick to remind me, being sick is one of God's ways of telling me to slow down a bit.) It's just frustrating when I know that the CASP crew and their parents are here and I want to take advantage of time with my friends during this short window that they're around. It always pains me to hear what I'm missing out on (going down town, seeing a movie, grabbing falafel, going out for dinner and hanging out tonight, etc.) Hopefully I will have the opportunity to hang out and chat later tonight, and not miss out on too much. Optimistically, I'll get to feeling better as the day goes on...


LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment