Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday meanderings: 7 miles.

~Mom & Dad visiting: day 2~

We took the 9:00am bus down Monte de la Cruz to head into San Rafael de Heredia and I showed them around the little town a bit, exchanging money, etc.
Dad and me in the Parque Central with the Iglesia behind us in San Rafael de Heredia.
Then we rode the next bus into Heredia centro, so that they got an idea of the public transportation system around here. In Heredia, I toured them around my old "stomping grounds" as they call it--the National University, UNA in Heredia, where I attended classes as an exchange student three years ago. The campus has changed a bit since then.
In front of the biblioteca (library) at the Universidad Nacional
where I studied as an exchange student 3 yrs ago.
We also walked all around the city and showed them key locations of significance, purchased some items, and walked up to San Pablo de Heredia to show them where I used to live. Lots of walking that day. 7 miles, according to Dad's handy pedometer.
One of the store fronts. Mom loves the dogs.
That evening, after taking the bus back up in the afternoon, we took Loquito out around 7:00 to make a store run (introducing them to the infamous CR representation of the Walmart corporation, HíperMás) and then we picked up our rental car after lots of paperwork (insurance companies own people's lives!!!). On our way back up to the CRC with our new, sparkling cerulean blue, 2-door Toyota Yaris, we stopped for a late dinner at a Fresas, a sandwich and dessert restaurant on the main road back into Heredia.

No comments:

Post a Comment