Flashback to Feb '07 in Santiago de Chile: Lara's derriere gets injected with penicillin during an emergency home visit from a family doctor. I didn't think I was that sick (after going for a record 7 months without being sick!). Turns out, the smog in Santiago and one freak summer rainstorm got to my lungs, and I had to be on antibiotics and an inhaler (plus a shot of penicillin) before the bronchitis gave way to pneumonia. Lina, my missionary mom, insisted on documenting the shot with a photo at the time.
While nobody was there to document the medical events of today, I captured a self-portrait while undergoing one of the three nebulization treatments in the doctor's office today:
| Just bein' charming while getting nebulized... |
All in all, I am now $200 poorer, but all the stronger (I think?) with two shots of steroids in my butt, the nebulizer treatments, instructions to have somebody clap me on the back a few times a day (ready for this, Bean?), and some drugs for the road: a not-so-horrendous-tasting cough syrup and instructions to take anti-inflammatory allergy pills. Lovin' life. At least the bronchitis shouldn't turn into pneumonia, and I might be able to enjoy a trip to the beach this weekend... And the shakes and jitters from the steroids are just the best (or the cough syrup and allergy pill mixture? or the nebuluzaciones? or all of the above??).
Now here's to taking a nap on Lindy and Dinorah's guest bed, since the roofers are pounding on the tiles overhead in my bedroom in the Suite as they repair goteras (rain leaks).
(Sorry that this post wasn't about you Josh. Today it's all about me. I'm sick. Next time, ok?)
ReplyDelete