Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lagartillos (little lizards)

He looks small in the photo, but he's about as long
as the distance in between the stairs! (5-6")
Today was the second day in a row that I've found a little lizard guy chilling out inside; it's not uncommon to see them outside, but I keep on seeing them inside, and they're getting bigger and bigger, so that's a bit disconcerting. Dinorah picked the little lizard we found yesterday up by his tail and liberated him outside (not before Travis, she, and I spent five minutes or so chasing him all over the foyer and library though!). Is it cooler inside than out? (We've had two VERY nice days in a row in the middle of our rainy season, despite the occasional blustery wind. So maybe the change in weather's been making a difference?) But where are they coming from? How are they getting inside? I'm not talking about little geckos now. Those cute, weightless, little sticky guys crawl rapidly all over the place. No, I'm talking about a green, scaly lizard. The one I found today when I walked into our Suite and started walking upstairs to my bedroom caught me off guard, as he was at least 5-6 inches long. So it's not like he could just sneak in under the door or through any cracks in the baseboards! I had to shake him off the curtain because he wouldn't move, and he plopped to the ground a couple feet below with a nasty, cold, reptiley smack. Poor guy. I scooped him up off the floor in a box and liberated him outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment