Saturday, February 5, 2011

Utz

I sit in my bed, winding down for the night after a lovely evening of impromptu Skyping. Good news. Good conversation. Good fellowship and community... even if it is made possible by technology; la vida es buena! I contemplate the inner-workings of that which I cannot wrap my mind around, as I munch on some Pennsylvania-processed and packaged snacks, consuming at least a quarter of this Utz Pub Mix from Price Smart (CR's Costco. Really. It's Costco membership and hot dogs and chicken bake plus CR fruit and bulk Salsa Lizano and hard A to boot!). Carbing up to fuel my sleep? I don't know.

I contemplate the wealth of information and resources that I have almost literally at my fingertips. Typing away on my aging (and well-loved) amazing little MacBook, I know that I am so privileged to have the possibility of all these communicational tools. I can see the faces of loved ones, hear their voices, look at photos and correspond in a short time span... even a matter of seconds! Cell (and smart) phones, email, instant messaging, Skype. Facebook, blogging, iPods and portable laptop devices that can generate their own Internet and link to the rest of the world. Our world really is shrinking. All this information that is so readily available is just mind blowing. This month six years ago, YouTube was just getting off the ground. Or rather, forming in cyberspace. How do I know that? Wikipedia, of course (started about 11 years ago).

So from here in Costa Rica, I send saludos to my readers, wherever you are. Drop me a line sometime... by whatever means that may be these days. ¡Dios les bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment