Saturday, January 22, 2011

And THIS is (part of) why they call us 24/7s...

I have lived up to our endearing nickname of "24/7" today, and felt like making note of the stuff I’ve been up to, since people are constantly asking us about what sort of work we do as "CRC Volunteers"...
  • We took the students, Whitworth President Beck, and VP/Dean of Faculty Michael on a tour of one of the Doka coffee plantations.
  • Helped freshmen students with registration for courses and e-billing confirmation packets.
  • Prepped details and organized information for spring students on internships, home stays, and flights.
  • Interrupted in the middle of a phone call with my sister tonight in order to help a student remedy a situation with the washer, which refuses to unlock from time to time after finishing a load. ...As well as answered numerous questions concerning a variety of random matters.
  • Helped with 4-year academic planning.
  • I just had one of our freshmen students, who calls us 24/7s “jefe” (or boss), ask me for a Bible address… as if I have the whole entire Bible memorized to spout out a reference at any given moment haha! Impressive that she thought I’d just know that by happenstance.
  • Arranged transportational details and excursion planning for upcoming days' activities
  • Stocked our pulpería (snack shack) and ran to grab some clean towels and TP for one of the dorm rooms.
There really is no real specific job description as a 24/7; we do everything from event and excursion planning, picking out furniture and seeing to maintenance issues, student life, meal preparation, administering first aid, cleaning, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment