Today was day one of our five-day Reboot cleanse. Bean, Katie, and I have committed ourselves to a cleansing diet for the next several days, in which we're eating only fruits and veggies. It's not a "diet" as one might assume (the purpose is not to lose weight or eat in this way permanently), but rather a treatment to get ickies out of our bodies (cleansing) and to focus into a mentality in which we eat more pure, raw foods from the earth. It's not a shocking realization that the average person does not intake the proper amount of fruits/vegetables on a regular basis.
Maybe it's just in our heads, but our bodies seem to be working hard and fast on processing all these raw and wholesome foods. As of the first day today, we've been pretty hungry, eating all the time--carrots that made my teeth and gums hurt, celery, tons of greens, veggie chips, and the list goes on--and feeling digestion taking place. Also, water intake (and output) has increased! I'm excited to be taking bad toxins out of my body and putting in good vitamins. And I'm enthused at the prospect of getting to be creative with what sorts of meals and snacks I'm preparing with the fruit and vegetable ingredients I have available.
Today, while running errands and being really hungry as we chowed down on some veggie snacks, Bean and I were listening to "Club Can't Even Handle Me" on an old Dancey Tunes mix CD while driving around in our Loquito, tiny Chevy Spark, whose speakers are quite blown out (quite probably from playing this exact song mix a year ago...). Singing along to the lyrics, "...stop and stare as I zone out..." we realized how zoned out we were, and how people HAD really been staring at us all afternoon. That's my song association for the day. Good times abundies.

No comments:
Post a Comment