Friday, March 9, 2012

Nighttime skies

The wind can be obnoxious here on our CRC mountainside campus, but it sure does create some beautiful phenomena in our skies. I just had to share the beauty of the sight with some students who were up on campus, working late on art projects in "Studio 7," dorm room #7 that has been turned into their art classroom for the semester. The moon was rising in the crisp night sky, over our tree line to the northeast, outlining the fast-moving clouds that swept across its face. Photos just do not do this sight justice, as the incredible beauty of it all was breath-taking. Several minutes later, with prompting from a friend after I posted a status of this marvel on Facebook, I went back outside, braving the elements of the mountain's chilly winds, to snap some shots of the nighttime scenery. I wish I had a super nice camera that could capture the scenery and depict an image more true to real life, or even better, that more people could witness it in person. But here are some images to share nonetheless (I suggest clicking on the first one and then viewing all of them in the viewer in succession):







No comments:

Post a Comment