Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween fiesta

Because one costume party wasn't enough...

Actually, about a week ago, we had planned with our students to do a Halloween get-together up here at the CRC. The plan: dress up, sugar overload, and watch Halloween-y sorts of things on the big screen.
Watching some Halloween episodes of the TV show "Community." Fave.

Sara: awesome disco shirt.
(She WAS the disco ball when she stood in the light of the projector.)
Josh: rasta man again, with the ever-appearing blunt
Me: hippie, cerca late-1960s
Bean: the feminist bookstore owner from "Portlandia"

On Saturday, I did a bunch of baking for the weekend's festivities. I'll confess, it was boxed cake, but the colored frostings were homemade and I had lots of fun being decoratively creative! Gracias for sending me the Brach's festive candies, Moo-Ma! They were my inspiration for decorating the treats (and went to good use, since I didn't end up eating all that sugar myself!).
Treats... cupcakes, more cupcakes, and a jack-o-lantern cake!

Cupcakes!


Real pumpkins cost upwards of $6 each (for a little one!),
so in Latin America, I prefer to make my jack-o-lanterns in this art form:
cake!
I do have plans however to make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving! 

More cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment