![]() |
| ¡Vamos, vamos Morados! ¡Esta noche, tenemos que ganar! |
| Even the sunset's colors--purple and orange-- (though the photo doesn't capture its beauty) signaled it was a night for Saprissa! |
| Our tickets and Lauren's Saprissa bling! |
| Down on the left-bottomish side you can see our seats, where Jim, Emily, and Adam were sitting eating ice cream before the stadium filled up for the game. |
We settled in our $16 front-row seats that bordered the sideline by the RSL goal in the
| Nick and Adam (pre-scarf wearing). |
| Warm ups on the field. |
This was a special game because it was a CONACAF Champions League semifinal game; the second (or third? I'm not really sure) between RSL and Saprissa. So scoring was on an aggregate system (thanks for helping me put a name to this, Ob. And thanks to Adam for initially explaining the system to me!). So even though Saprissa ended up "winning" the game 2-1, they actually lost because their overall scoring from previous games wasn't enough for them to progress to the finals. Sad day for Saprissistas. And we spotted the few RSL fans in the arena quickly zipping up their coats over their RSL jerseys and apparel in a cocky display of their dominance on their way out of the stadium, so as not to be assaulted for their disloyalty to the Costa Rican favorite.
| The game begins! Purple and white smoke being shot up in the air, purple & white balloons, lots of noise and fun cheers! |
I have been to a few games. One Heredia game as well a long time ago. But after last night, I might be with Adam now... I think I might be becoming a Saprissista! Don't hate me, Em! (Emily is a Ligista. A little rivalry over a game is healthy though, right?) Besides, the Saprissa jerseys are waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy cooler than those of La Liga!

No comments:
Post a Comment